||Selected Strife Contents
It may be a bit late, but regarding "The Lost Episode" of Commander Keen known as "Keen Dreams", it can still be written (or typed) now that original source codes for this have been available since September! With that in mind, as well as the end of 2014, another unofficial Strife comic is up now. For details about the Unofficial Strife (sub)section and viewing this comic (and/or other contents optionally), check out the Unofficial Strife page within the Selected Strife Contents section.
Just mentioning that I am now hosting an unofficial update (not the first) to a collection of tools known as CKPatch. See the Downloads section for details and a download link.
Not much to add. Just mentioning I have decided to write a minor "status update" simply reminding the current state of resurrected Strifes. For more details see "Updates to this section" (sort of "News") in the Selected Strife Contents section. It also worths to check out the list of resurrected Strifes if you haven't yet done so!
Good time to write...well type...something! Not a lot to see here, yeah. It is about Prince Of Persia, yet again - only we're talking about "Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame" this time. Yeah, there are now "dubbings" of this game done by Gal Shemesh (AKA goldeng) again :). See his channel on YouTube to see these videos, along with "dubbings" of the first POP game and a bit more.
One more Strife-related update: After considering doing it long ago, I've finally went into constructing an unofficial Strife comic! A few years have passed since the last official Strife Strip had been put up on the web; Given here is an unofficial follow-up Strife (actually split into two parts). For a few more details, as well as viewing it, visit the Unofficial Strife page within the Selected Strife Contents section.
Well, yes, here is another update! And, probably, something that a few readers may like to hear..err, read about. :)
Basically, a short while after uploading the Selected Strife Contents section, the original host of the various Strife websites (This Strife / That Strife / Strife Strips), known as Maverick, has located it. He's then opened a new page, currently hosting the very first three Strife comics!
For more details, you can check his news post for today on Strife Streams, or the updates to the Selected Strife Contents section on this site. I'd briefly mention that I've added backups of these three comics to the section.
Here is another minor addition I've considered doing a few weeks ago...
Basically, I've went over the Video clips section and updated it a bit. Among the updates, I've removed one video which isn't up anymore.
What may be more interesting, though, is the addition of a new video. It is about Prince Of Persia again :), although of a different kind. Name: "Real Prince of Persia!"
So, if you're interested, you can go and watch something now.
OK, how often does "Long time no updates" apply here? :)
Well, here is one such a thing... while there's not so much out of the original contents found (actually very little)... I've got ahold of a few original Strife contents.
Some of you may recall websites under any of the following names: "This Strife", "That Strife" and "Strife Strips"; Various kinds of contents where found on these, with comics and some videos among them. Hosted by Maverick, these sites had contents coming from a few people, with (nick)names like Maverick, Sluggy and Waffles. Note that it is unrelated to Strife Streams, a blog opened by the same Mav guy, mainly about older games.
Oh, so, the update basically means that you can check a few selected strife contents right now.
Here are a few more updates:
- A bit late report which you're probably aware of: Duke Nukem Forever is now available for sale! Personally, running DNF on a PC, I've taken a look into the first level in "single player" mode. I'm sure it does not represent anything, but I've clearly liked a few things I've heard and seen! Now, despite the lots of negative I've read about, there's also enough of the positive. So lets hope, at least on the single player side, that it'll be good and/or fun.
- I've added to the Downloads section a little modification of the original Duke Nukem 3D DOS executable, with modified sources. Basically, I've attempted to fix the broken red-blue anaglyph stereo mode that hides in it, and possibly add a little more (e.g. red-green stereo). It's not perfect, but I'm sure it's clearly better than the originals (v1.3d and v1.5). So, you can try it out if you wish.
- Oh yeah, about the 3D Realms forums. Again writing about it late, the Max Payne and Prey forums were re-opened and you can post in them. As for the Duke Nukem ones, they're partially back. You can basically discuss about any Duke Nukem game preceding DNF. The address for discussions about DNF is the Gearbox Software Community as before.
Well, I've got something to write about now, mainly regarding what has been known for long as a Vaporware, and is named Duke Nukem Forever. So, here are the few things to tell about:
- To begin with, it is now known that the game has been in continued development by Gearbox Software. That's for some time after the hiatus in 3D Realms. It should be noted that people who originally worked in 3D Realms have been involved.
- In the 3D Realms Forums website, all forums regarding Duke Nukem, Max Payne and Prey have been closed. Discussion on these topics may be continued in the Gearbox Software Community. Look for "Duke Nukem" and "3D Realms Legacy". Note that Joe Siegler, who may be remembered for working as a site admin in 3D Realms, is now the Duke Community Manager in Gearbox Software.
- And yes, there has been an official announcement that DNF is expected to be released for the Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 platforms on 2011. And as shown in PAX 2010, there were up to date footages of DNF, along with a few players actually getting the chance to try it out! The platform as shown there has been Windows PC, with the game being played using an Xbox 360 controller.
Hi all. It should be a time to mention: The YANG contents have moved... again! Basically, Rep has got a different host for the web page.
New link: http://yang-online.com/
UPDATE: Originally, a link to the alternate home of YANG was given. Due to another relocation, it's not provided now. Here's the current location (as of June 3rd, 2010): http://yang-online.com/
Here we meet again. So, it's time to announce the release of YANG v0.82! Thanks again to Turrican for working on the updates. Here is a list of changes:
- First of all, as some of you have probably read before, a move of the YANG contents from here to a different website has been planned, along with a few changes in the so called "YANG team". So, now it can finally be done. YANG v0.82 should point to the new location of the YANG web page.
- New Server/Client EDuke32 is now supported.
- You should now be able to join ongoing EDuke32 games, assuming they're being run with a recent build of EDuke32.
- With Server/Client EDuke32, no maps are needed to be downloaded when one joins a room.
- You can still upload a map to the host.
- As a workaround of avoiding an issue ppl may have with a current version of EDuke32 (Server/Client), when both host launches EDuke32 while a client is in the room, a short delay is added for the client. It isn't an issue if one joins an EDuke32 room after the game has already been launched by the host.
- Legacy Peer 2 Peer networking, using an older version of EDuke32, is still supported, and can be toggled by the host. Make sure all players use a relevant, and identical, version of EDuke32, in that case.
- The same checkbox is now used for choosing between P2P and Server/Client in EDuke32, and choosing between P2P and Master/Slave in Duke3dw.
- Fixed a potential crash with future versions of Mac OS X (later than v10.6 Snow Leopard).